Set on a verdant hillside next to a cliff and overlooking East Bali's Lombok Strait, Amankila is welcoming in every respect.
Amankila (peaceful hill) is located near the village of Manggis in East Bali's Karangasem Regency. From its cliff-edge setting high above the Lombok Strait, Amankila enjoys sea and coastal views of this historic region.
Amankila, which means “peaceful hill” in Sanskrit, is built along the contours of an escarpment between two headlands in Eastern Bali. Located near the villages of Candi Dasa and Padang Bai, the estate set in 11 hectare provides a beach getaway in surroundings of heritage serene elegance. From here, guests have an opportunity to explore the rich Balinese prevalent in this preserved cultural and historical area that is East Bali as well as enjoying swimming, cruising and snorkelling.
The estate’s main building consists of three levels. On the uppermost level is the arrival court and Lobby. One level below is the Bar and Restaurant. The Library, Gallery, Shop and Terrace Restaurant are all on the third level. All public areas command spectacular ocean views across the Lombok and
Badung Straits. The main swimming pool is terraced through three levels decreasing in size while appearing to descend into the ocean. Steps from the central area descend to the Beach Club, set within a coconut grove on the beach. The club has an informal restaurant, a 41 meter swimming pool
and a beautiful secluded beach with lounging bales and sun beds. Hobbie cats, boogie boards, windsurfers and kayaks are available at the beach.
• 33 suites set in 11 hectares
• The Terrace features a combination of eastern and western cuisines and is open for breakfast and lunch.
• The Restaurant serves western and Asian cuisines for dinner.
• Private dining 24 hours.
• Healthy choice and vegetarian menus available.
• The Bar.
• The Beach Club nestled in a coconut groove includes a 41 meter swimming pool, casual restaurant and complimentary equipment for water sports.
• Shopping for antiques and traditional crafts at the Gallery.
• The Library with a wide selection of reading material, games, laptop and music.
• The Amankila three-tiered swimming pool.
• Complimentary broadband and wireless internet access in every suite.
• Complimentary wireless internet access in all public areas.
• Complimentary afternoon tea and Balinese cakes served daily on the Library steps.
• TV on request.
• Ipod and docking station in every suite.
Resort highlight – Aman XII Outrigger Vessel
Aman XII is Amankila’s 40-ft Outrigger Vessel styled along the lines of a Jukung, the traditional Balinese
fishing craft. Apart from being used for morning and afternoon cruises, with snorkeling being the highlight, Aman XII is also available for privately chartered cruises, what better way to discover the coastline of East Bali.
Activities and services
• Tours to local villages including the centers of traditional arts, temples, water palaces and a variety of interesting places can be organized with a guide and picnic lunch
• Mountain cycling excursions through nearby rural villages
• Water sports including windsurfing, kayaking and hobbie cats
• Coastal cruising and snorkeling excursions available on the traditional outrigger boat Aman XII and Aman XVI sport fishing and diving.
• White water rafting on the Telaga Waja river at Klungkung
• Traditional Balinese massage and beauty treatments.
• Market tours and Balinese cooking classes.
Set on a verdant hillside next to a cliff and overlooking East Bali's Lombok Strait, Amankila is welcoming in every respect. From your freestanding suite, connected to the resort's public areas and restaurants by stepped walkways, to the Beach Club, where watersports are available, you'll feel at home — yet so very far removed from your workaday life. Water lovers adore the two resort outriggers, designed to emulate traditional Balinese fishing craft — cruises are offered daily. Visit two of the island's most important temples, Lempuyang and Besakih, the former of which is considered one of Bali's “six temples of the heavens.”
Virtuoso Special Amenities
Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
Continental breakfast daily, for up to two in room guests
A complimentary lunch or dinner for up to two people per room once during stay, excluding alcohol, taxes and gratuities
Early check-in/late check-out subject to availability
Notice of cancellation should be received 14 days prior to arrival date. In the event of no-show or late cancellation within 14 days of arrival, a two night room charge penalty plus tax would be applied. In the high season, the penalty period reverts to 45 days ( 21 Dec 2014 - 04 Jan 2015 & 1 July - 31 Aug, 2015 & 21 Dec, 2015 - Jan 04, 2016 & Feb 03 - 10, 2016 & Mar 23 - 30, 2016 )