North Atlantic Saga: Scotland, the Faroe Islands, and Iceland
June 21, 2018 - July 1, 2018
Emerging from the mists of legend, the north Atlantic isles are wonders of geology, ecology, and human history. From the craggy coastline of Scotland, past the staggering cliffs of the Faroe Islands to the volcanic plains of Iceland, this expedition charts a course unlike any other on Earth.
• Experience Reykjavik, the world’s northernmost capital city—and one of its greenest and cleanest
• Be among the few to sail the dramatic seascapes and cliffs of western Faroes
• Discover Tórshavn, capital of the Faroes, with its superb walking opportunities
• See one of the world’s newest islands, the volcanic Surtsey in Iceland
• Follow the Viking explorers on sea-routes recorded in the Norse sagas
• Shop for exquisite handicrafts unique to the North Atlantic islands
• See the teeming fulmar, puffin, and gannet colonies along the cliffs of Fair Isle
• Wander the prehistoric villages of Skara Brae and Jarlshof, c. 3180 BC
• Stand among the Neolithic standing stones of Stenness and Brodgar
SAVE 10% - Starting at $4,495.50 USD
Arctic Safari 2018
Aug. 6, 2018 - Aug. 17, 2018
On this trip, we seek the wilds and the wonders of the Arctic, in the welcoming company of those who call it home! Beginning in Qausuittuq (Resolute Bay), we’ll enter expedition mode as we seek polar bears, whales, birds, and muskoxen throughout Lancaster Sound. At Beechey Island, we’ll pay our respects at the graves of three of Sir John Franklin’s men; at Dundas Harbour, we’ll explore the abandoned HBC and RCMP posts that once guarded the gateway to the Northwest Passage. Mittimatalik (Pond Inlet) with its stunning views of Bylot Island is a dynamic contemporary Inuit community; we’ll spend the day getting to know the place before striking out across Baffin Bay for Greenland. Towering mountains, pristine fjords, and colourful communities are among the attractions of this mighty Arctic island. The modern Greenlandic center of Illulissat offers museums, shopping, and cafés with a European flair. The Jakobshavn Icefjord, a unesco World Heritage Site and source of the majority of the icebergs in the North Atlantic, provides a dramatic climax to a northern journey unlike any other.
• Seek belugas and narwhals in Lancaster Sound, a proposed National Marine Conservation Area
• Meet the Tununiq Arsarniit Theatre Group of Mittimatalik during a cultural exchange
• Zodiac cruise the Disko Bay at the mouth of the Ilulissat Icefjord—unesco World Heritage Site and home to the world’s fastest-moving glacier
• Cross the Arctic Circle by sea—twice!
• Visit the Franklin Expedition gravesites at Beechey Island
• Photograph exquisite Arctic flowers at the height of summer bloom
• View the magnificent fjords of Greenland’s coast
• Search for bears, whales, and walrus in their Arctic feeding grounds
VISION EXCLUSIVE: SAVE 10% - Starting at $5,395.50 USD
Bonus Sale On Now!
Book the 2018 Newfoundland Circumnavigation expedition between November 8th and 16th, 2017 and save 15%! Applies to berth cost only and based on availabilty. Restrictions may apply.
Call today for more info and to book these once in a lifetime adventures!